Sunday, April 10, 2011

How to: Create a Website Using iWeb

So this is a follow up post to my last one, creating a website.

So our day camp website campsenda.com was made by your's truly the ditzy day camp director. I have no website design skills and no technology skills. Seriously, I am a the technologically illiterate ditzy day camp director but I managed to put this website together in a few hours (okay a bit more then a few but that's only because I'm a perfectionist). Trust me it was SO easy.

Now I own a mac and I was introduced to this amazing program called iWeb.
Trust me it is as easy as designing say a scrapbook. You just drag and drop all the things you like onto the page.

There are all these great layouts and designs you can choose from, or you can just make your own.

Using this program you can add pictures, audio, music, videos, clipart and tons of widgets. And all you need to do to put them in is drag and drop them on the page.


Don't know what a widget is? Don't worry, neither do I. :) The dictionary says it is a a small gadget or mechanical device, esp. one whose name is unknown or unspecified. Still not sure what that is but it basically means you can add internet tools like a countdown clock (we have one of these on the main page of our website), youtube videos and much more.

Some other really cool feature are the fact that you can create a blog, create hyperlinks to outside sources or your registration sheet, and set it up so people can email you right from the website.

Then after you're done designing to your hearts content you fill in the site publishing information.


Note you might need a little help from your internet provider or from a domain company for this information. And then you click publish site and you're done!

Yep, it's that easy! Plus Apple has step by step instructions, question forums, and a how to video on their website. Hope that helps you design a beautiful website. I'd love to see it when you're done - send me a link or post below.

Now don't worry if you're not a mac user...I'll look up some helpful websites and do it yourself website design and post it soon.

Have fun learning website design.

The Ditzy Day Camp Director

1 comment: