Thursday, June 2, 2011

Deep Breaths

Deep breaths everyone...yes...it is indeed June! Just saying it gets my heart racing and makes me feel sorta nervous. I've never bitten my nails before...but part of me wants to get started.

If you're anything like this Ditzy Day Camp Director and you're planning for day camp right now, I know you must be going crazy with all the preparations you need to do. I know I am.

I have
  • t-shirts to design
  • t-shirts to buy
  • busses to book
  • trips to pay for and choose
  • counselors to hire
  • promotion to do
  • curriculum to plan
  • staff training to organize
  • flyers to hand out
  • Jr. High camp to figure out
  • Leadership in Training programs to start
  • websites to update
  • emails to answer
And the list could go on forever and ever - well for myself at least. I hope your list is slightly smaller then mine and you are slightly less frazzled and crazy then I am.

Just know that you aren't alone and there are many of us out there running around like crazy trying to plan in the few short weeks we have left.

Anyways I just wanted to send out an encouragement note...now that it's June (oh wait there is that panicy feeling again), and say you can do it! I also wanted to let you know that you should check back often because in the midst of all things crazy day camp I am planning on posting a ton of helpful hints, websites, resources etc so that I can try and help you as much as possible because I know how crazy this can be.

Anyways I'm off to go figure out how to start, plan, figure out a L.I.T. program....I'll update you with what I find and what I figure out soon.

Hang in there....38 days left till camp!

The Ditzy (going crazy) Day Camp Director

No comments:

Post a Comment