Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Making Your Own Decorations

So last week I posted some great ideas for decorating well on a budget and today I wanted to share some more DIY tips for decorating....making your own signs.

All you need to make these signs is
  • Different colours of spray paint
  • Large pieces of cardboard
  • Letter stickers (which can be picked up at Staples) or black paint so you can paint your own letters
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Scissors
  • Left over, unwanted leis.
In order to make these signs I first started by spray painting the large pieces of cardboard. I just bursted the spray paint all over the board to create a quick design. It's okay if the colours bleed into each other or overlap...this will actually look better.

After the spray paint had finished drying I placed the large black stickers on for the letters. I got creative with the sizes and direction of the letters to make it more interesting.
After placing the letters I grabbed some left over leis and cut them apart so I would just have the flowers. Then I hot glued the flowers onto the cardboard in varying designs.
And there you have it. A simple but great looking (if I don't say so myself) way of decorating. And depending on how you do it, what colours you use, what words you write, and what you glue on it can really fit with your theme.

The colourful cardboard and leis worked perfectly for our beach bash theme.

Have fun....You'll begin to feel like a real artist in no time...even if you only become a graffiti artist....

The Graffiti Artist and Ditzy Day Camp Director




No comments:

Post a Comment