Friday, July 1, 2011

Painted Decorations

So, I decided over the next two weeks to share some decorating tips with you. The tip I wanted to share with you today is that it's okay to go simple and old school with your decorations too.

One great way to save money on your decorations is to make some of them your self...or have your counsellors make them.

Today, I thought I'd share some painted decorations that we are using this year.

Just grab some bristle board and some tempera paint and create child friendly, colourful designs for your walls.

As I've mentioned in other posts, our theme this year is Beach Bash so I tried to create some beach summer friendly designs.





I know they are super simple but they are kid friendly and add a pop of colour to our white walls. Plus creating some of our designs will help us save money ... which can be used else where.

So grab a paint brush my fellow day camp directors and let inspiration hit you. Get in touch with your inner child and make simple painted designs to add to your walls.

Sincerely,

Your fellow terrible artist and ditzy day camp director

No comments:

Post a Comment